- Google Groups can be used for access permissions for Google resources, including Google Drive, Docs, Calendars, and Sites.
- Can be used as a mailing list for all users within a group.
- Google Groups can be used to invite groups to calendar events.
- Group manager can subscribe or unsubscribe users.
- Group members can subscribe or unsubscribe from groups (optional).
- Groups access is controlled by the group manager.
|Active Directory Access Control
|Owner/manager can subscribe or unsubscribe users
|User can subscribe/unsubscribe
|Daily digest capability
|Restricted to users with IdentiKeys
Google Groups is included in the set of core applications for CU Boulder's Google Workspace service, which means there is no direct cost to owners or members of groups.
Who can get it
Faculty, staff, and students provisioned with Google accounts.
How to get it
Submit the New Google Group Request form on OIT Messaging and Collaboration's Request Portal. You will be asked to provide the following information.
- The name and IdentiKey username of a group owner (person to accept or decline invitations, if necessary). The owner of the group can add and remove members to the group.
- A descriptive name for the group. The name is based on this format: [CampusDepartmentCode] - GG - [Display Name]. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An OIT specialist will create the account and get in touch with you once it's created.