Get computing device help during COVID-19 response
Buff Techs are currently available for virtual appointments. Schedule an appointment to request Buff Techs Desktop Support:
- Malware removal
- Basic device troubleshooting
- Canvas, Zoom, and other IT services and issues.
- Case escalation: Buff Techs will review all other technology issues, and refer cases to the appropriate IT group for resolution if unable to assist.
For additional support, visit OIT's Hybrid Work Recommendations.
Buff Techs can help you with...
- Troubleshooting and diagnostics on personally owned desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, printers, multifunction devices, and other personal computing devices.
- Connecting to the campus network.
- Operating system installation, configuration, and maintenance as well as restoration or reinstallation.
- Software installation and configuration
- Virus, spyware and malware removal
- Laptop registration
- Retiree support for OIT-supported software on personal computers and devices
- Provides campus affiliates computing support for their personal or university owned equipment by trained technicians at no cost.
- Facilitates use of campus software licenses to provide the customer with the most current software versions.
- Works closely with the Office of Information Security (OIS) to meet campus IT security guidelines to include remediating compromised computing systems and restoring access to university networks.
- Register your laptop with OIT and in event your device is lost or stolen, OIT will assist CUPD in recovering the device.
Buff Techs Desktop Support is provided as a common-good to the campus, which means there is no direct cost to you or your department.
Who can get it
This service is available to all students, faculty, staff, and retirees with a Buff OneCard by appointment only.
How to get it
- Schedule an appointment for In-person or Remote support
- If you schedule an in-person appointment, come to the location you booked your appointment for - either the Center for Academic Success and Engagement (CASE) room E276 or Norlin Library room E105 - at your appointment time.
- Bring your Buff OneCard to sign in at the Walk-In Console
- Customers with laptop computers should bring their power supply
- Customers with desktops do not need to bring peripherals (keyboard, monitor, mouse) in order to receive assistance