Principles & Process
We enable university partners to leverage data through a wide range of data services and solutions.
Sustainability and self-service are priorities by design, and we strive to achieve the university mission by empowering partners with a data-as-a-product mindset. Our team actively participates in and contributes to the University’s Data Governance process.
Democratize data access and increase data literacy with a self-service platform
Data Flow Orchestration
Easily schedule, automate, and monitor data pipelines to collect and deliver data
Read, write, and save data of any size with secure and scalable object storage
Install, configure, monitor, patch, migrate, optimize, and restore database systems
Provide disaster recovery, full incremental backups, and database integrity checks
Offer expertise in database systems, architecture design, reporting, and recoverability
Connect CU data sources to internal applications and external vendor solutions
Stream real-time event data to applications and systems in a data mesh ecosystem
Other Campus-supported data services
- Business Intelligence and Reporting - Office of of Data Analytics
- Cognos or CU Data Reporting - Office of the Registrar
- PeopleSoft or Campus Solutions Interface Needs - University Information Services
Who can get it
- Anyone who is a data owner, data steward, or data user at the University of Colorado Boulder can request Data Services
- External customers and clients, including vendors
- Application and app builders who need data and consulting (ORM, GraphQL, data-at-scale, security)
- Higher education community locally, regionally, nationally or globally (i.e. “shaping tomorrow’s leaders” via influence, shareability, collaboration)
The Data Services team provides campus-wide custom data service solutions as a common-good to the Boulder campus, which means there is no direct cost to you or your department.