What is Accessibility?
‘Accessible’ means a person with a disability is afforded the opportunity to acquire the same information, engage in the same interactions, and enjoy the same services as a person without a disability in an equally effective and equally inclusive manner, with substantially equivalent ease of use.
Buff Portal is CU’s online portal for students that replaced the student tab in MyCUInfo on December 30, 2019. Buff Portal was developed by the Unified Student Experience (USE) project, a campus-wide project that is working to unify the online and in-person CU Boulder student experience. Its goal is to transform today’s fragmented digital and physical student support landscape by creating a seamless experience for students.
Information for Users with Disabilities
- Improved link-out card icon/label functionality
- Screenreader labels for term drop-down menus, waitlist toggles, notifications area, card header functions (including card menus)
- Improved/logical flow of screenreader focus throughout the portal
- Improved visual focus indication for keyboard and mouse navigation
- Screenreader accessible printable/downloadable book and course lists
- Correcting color contrast issues throughout the portal
- Class Schedule grid view not accessible (recommend screenreader users use List View)
Buff Portal has undergone an accessibility review and we are currently working to address accessibility issues. We will continue to work with CU accessibility experts on updates to Buff Portal.
Additional Accessibility Information
Get Help or Provide Feedback
OIT has partnered with Disability Services to provide assistance for accessibility issues related to OIT supported services and we want to hear from you about this service. If you need assistance using this service or you have more information about the accessibility of this service that we should share with others, please contact the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 303-735-4357 (5-HELP from any on-campus phone).