OIT is moving away from Sponsorships. If you have someone that will be working with you and needs access to CU resources, please contact your HR liaison to begin the POI process. More information regarding POIs can be found on the the Person of Interest (POI) HCM Records Practices page.
Sponsored accounts are accounts that may be created when an unaffiliated individual needs an email address through CU or needs other IdentiKey resources for official university needs and an HR appointment, including POI, is not a possibility. Users are those who are performing some function for the university, such as research or visiting faculty, etc. The user must be sponsored by a current CU Boulder affiliated faculty or staff member.
Please Note: Requests originating from the person being sponsored will not be honored.
Requesting an account for a Sponsored Affiliate
If a POI is not possible, you may request a sponsored account. A sponsored account must be requested by the CU Boulder affiliated faculty or staff member sponsoring the user. Direct user requests will not be honored. Email the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org from the sponsor's CU Boulder email address and include the following information to process a sponsorship request:
- Full legal name of individual to be sponsored*
- Birth date* (IdentiKey Manager uses birth date for account claiming)
- Length of sponsorship (up to 1 year)
- A personal email address (IdentiKey Manager uses this email address for account claiming)
- Reason for the sponsorship, which must be fulfilling a function for the university
If the individual has been affiliated with CU Boulder in the past please provide their IdentiKey, Employee ID, or Student ID.
*This information is used to determine if an account already exists.
Email and Calendar Service
What is it:
- Your @colorado.edu email address and a collaborative calendar service.
Who gets it:
- All sponsored affiliates
How to access it:
- Use your IdentiKey@colorado.edu email and IdentiKey password to log in.
- New sponsored affiliates will be provisioned on Microsoft Exchange. Existing sponsored affiliates may have been initially provisioned on Google Workspace.
- Check with your department to learn which service you will be using. Then click on one of the links above to learn more.
When you get it:
- Once your IdentiKey is activated.
- CU Boulder's IdentiKey Manager allows you to set how your outgoing email address is displayed, create alternate addresses, and more.
What is it:
An IdentiKey consists of an IdentiKey username and an IdentiKey password. IdentiKeys play a large role in computing at CU Boulder. An IdentiKey gives you access to:
- Email services
- Computer in OIT computing labs
- UCB Wireless network
- SkillSoft computer based training
Activation and Management: