Sponsored accounts are accounts that may be created when an unaffiliated individual needs an email address through CU or needs other IdentiKey resources for official university needs and an HR appointment, including POI, is not a possibility. Users are those who are performing some function for the university, such as research or visiting faculty, etc. The user must be sponsored by a current CU Boulder affiliated faculty or staff member.
Please Note: Requests originating from the person being sponsored will not be honored.
Requesting an account for a Sponsored Affiliate
A sponsored account must be requested by the CU Boulder affiliated faculty or staff member sponsoring the user. Direct user requests will not be honored. Email the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org from the sponsor's CU Boulder email address and include the following information to process a sponsorship request:
- Full legal name of individual to be sponsored*
- Birth date* (IdentiKey Manager uses birth date for account claiming)
- Length of sponsorship (up to 1 year)
- A personal email address (IdentiKey Manager uses this email address for account claiming)
- Reason for the sponsorship, which must be fulfilling a function for the university
*This information is used to determine if an account already exists.
Email and Calendar Service
What is it:
- Your @colorado.edu email address and a collaborative calendar service.
Who gets it:
- All faculty and staff members.
How to access it:
- Use your IdentiKey to log in.
- Depending on what department you are being sponsored by, your email and calendar service will be on one of the two services: Google Workspace or Microsoft Exchange
- Check with your department to learn which service you will be using. Then click on one of the links above to learn more.
When you get it:
- Google Workspace accounts: Once your IdentiKey is activated.
- Exchange accounts: You or a representative from your department will need to make a request to the IT Service Center. From there, wait to hear from OIT about your account's status.
- CU Boulder's IdentiKey Manager allows you to set how your outgoing email address is displayed, create alternate addresses, and more.
What is it:
An IdentiKey consists of a CU login name and an IdentiKey password. IdentiKeys play a large role in computing at CU Boulder. An IdentiKey gives you access to:
- Buff Portal or MyCUInfo, the student and employee portals
- Email services
- Computer in OIT computing labs
- UCB Wireless network
- SkillSoft computer based training
Activation and Management: