- A Quick Survey Builder that guides beginners through creating a survey.
- A Survey Library with templates that you can customize to meet your specific needs.
- A tool to send and track participation invitations and reminders.
- A tool to display survey results, graphically and statistically.
- An export data feature, including to Excel or SPSS.
Some question types like Rank Order and Sliders have been made unavailable to members of the CU Boulder campus because they are inaccessible to individuals using assistive technology. These question types will appear greyed-out in Qualtrics to ensure that all surveys sent out by our students, faculty, and staff are accessible to all recipients. Exceptions can be made in the case of a pressing business or research need; if you would like to request access to one of these question types, please do so using the Qualtrics Accessibility Exception Request Form.
Who can get it
Qualtrics is available to all CU Boulder affiliates with an active IdentiKey.
How to get it
- Log in to Qualtrics (https://qualtrics.colorado.edu)
- You will be directed to CU Boulder's Web Access login page.
- From the Qualtrics homepage (pictured below), you can navigate to your projects, contacts, library and your individual profile.
Qualtrics is provided as a common-good service to the campus which means there is no direct cost to the individual or department.
Support Information and Training
New to Qualtrics? Need a little refresher? Make sure to brush up on your basic and advanced survey building, as well as how to report on all of your critical data. Take a look at OIT's Qualtrics FAQ page for common questions, and visit Qualtrics New Features page to stay up-to-date on changes and new additions.
Qualtrics has an extensive library of help tutorials available on the Qualtrics Support website.
Qualtrics offers a series of On-Demand Webinars available at your convenience.
Use our Access Qualtrics Training Webinars tutorial to learn how to log in to basecamp, then get started! OIT recommends the Learn to Use Qualtrics Research Core Webinar.
Support Provided by Vendor
All how-to support for Qualtrics is provided by the vendor. You can contact Qualtrics Support via Chat, Email, or Phone. To access Qualtrics support:
- Login to Qualtrics (https://qualtrics.colorado.edu)
- Click Help in the upper right corner and select Contact Support.
- Click Sign in with SSO
- Enter “cuboulder” as the Organization ID.
- Once logged in, select I have a different support request.
- Choose Survey Platform from the product drop down menu.
- Three support options will appear: Chat, Email, and Phone. Select your preferred option and follow the onscreen instructions.
CU Boulder is committed to providing help, information, and assistance with campus services for all users, including those with accessibility concerns. Qualtrics accessibility considerations, information for content creators, alternatives/workarounds, and more can be found on the Qualtrics Accessibility page.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA): As a condition of using this service, all users must comply with applicable law, including FERPA laws.
- For more information about FERPA and fair use, please visit the Office of the Registrar's FERPA webpage. Qualtrics account owners may be held personally responsible and liable for unauthorized use.
- Institutional Review Board: Does your research require review by the Institutional Review Board (IRB)? The primary goal of the IRB is to facilitate ethically responsible human subjects research. All research conducted by faculty, staff, or students involving human subjects at CU Boulder must be reviewed by the IRB prior to conducting the research. Find out more by visiting the IRB website.
- Accessibility Policy and Standards: As a part of CU Boulder's Accessibility Initiative, and in adherence to the CU Boulder ICT Accessibility Policy and Standards, the OIT instance of Qualtrics was modified to prevent survey builders from creating non-accessible surveys. For details about these changes, visit the Qualtrics Accessibility web page. Review the Accessibility Policy and Standards on the Accessibility website.
- Guidelines for Storing Documents in the Cloud: Due to the university having less control over which individuals have access to data and how data is stored and managed, selecting and using Cloud Services for university documents requires different considerations than traditional services.
This documentation provides guidance on how to determine if a Cloud Service meets the security and data governance requirements for appropriately managing CU Boulder documents.
- Center to Advance Research and Teaching in the Social Sciences (CARTSS): CARTSS supports interdisciplinary research and teaching initiatives of the social science faculty and students at CU Boulder. To learn more or to engage their services, visit the CARTSS website.
- The Office of Institutional Research: Qualtrics survey developers can review the Office of Institutional Research Surveys to see the types of studies that have already been conducted and to avoid duplicating similar research questions or studies.
- Center for Research Data & Digital Scholarship (CRDDS): Collaboration between Research Computing and University Libraries, offering a range of data services for university and community members. Learn more on the CRDDS website.