This service allows faculty and staff, and students in conjunction with a department sponsor, to create and publish mobile and desktop applications under the CU Boulder developer instance within the following developer programs:
- Apple Developer - developer.apple.com (for all Apple App Stores and independent macOS distribution)
- Android - developer.android.com (for the GooglePlay store )
- Microsoft Developer - developer.microsoft.com (for the Microsoft Windows store )
- Amazon Developer - developer.amazon.com (for the Amazon App Store)
- Samsung Developer - developer.samsung.com (for the Samsung Galaxy Store)
- CU Boulder brand name
- Credibility that goes along with a top-rated research institution
- Money “brokering” – the money you earn (optional) will be deposited to the University’s account and routed to your department (fees may apply)
- Any taxes and fees in regards to domestic and international app sales are handled by the University and the app seller
Who can get it
This service, offered by OIT, is suitable for faculty, staff, and students in conjunction with a department sponsor.
- Comply with CU’s branding requirements according to Strategic Relations and Communications
- Adhere to rules of ICT Accessibility
- Pass an OIT Security review
- Do a review with the Export Control Office
- Agree to update the service owner (email@example.com) with updates to the contacts and purpose of your application
How to deploy an app with CU Boulder
- Fill out the Application Information Form which includes a statement of its purpose and how it relates to the University.
- The second step is to pass branding requirements, ICT Accessibility rules, Export Control review, and a security review.
- Once your information has been submitted and approved, you will receive an invitation from the available app stores to join our University development team, and then you are free to develop your app.
We will work with you to ensure the necessary security certificates are generated and used by your developers for app development and deployment.