Get IT Support
- IT Service Center: Contact the IT Service Center (303-735-4357 or email@example.com) for help with all OIT services including email and IdentiKey, Internet connectivity, telephone service and other technology-related questions.
- Buff Techs Desktop Support: OIT provides no-cost software support for laptop and desktop workstations to faculty, staff, and students. You can also register your laptop to aid in recovery in case it is lost or stolen.
- Dedicated Desktop Support: Departmental IT Support customized for your needs.
- Retiree Support: Basic IT support to ensure access to IdentiKey, email, and retiree-granted CU services.
Report an Issue
- Network Troubleshooting: Submit this form to report network connectivity issues on campus
- Lab Reporting form: Submit this form to report a problem in an OIT-Managed lab.
- Classroom Technology Problem Reporting form: Submit this form to report an issue with technology malfunctioning in a classroom.
- Self-Service Help Request: Submit a request directly to the ITSC using ServiceNow.
Hybrid Work Recommendations
OIT is working with departments on campus to learn what issues they've faced while working remotely over the last year to provide recommendations and best practices as CU Boulder adjusts to a new hybrid working environment. Click the button below to learn more about this initiative, find resources for your team, or send us feedback about our guide.
Hybrid Teaching and Learning
OIT has developed resources, guides, and best practices for teaching and learning in hybrid and remote modalities. Explore OIT's resources for students, instructors and teaching assistants.
More OIT Resources
- Getting Started with Campus Technology - Beginner's guide to OIT services.
- Telecommunication Liaison Lookup - Faculty and staff members can use this tool to find out who their department Telecommunication Liaison is.
- Academic Technology Design Team (ATDT) - This team assists faculty in integrating technologies into their teaching, research, and creative works.
- Arts & Sciences Support of Education Through Technology (ASSETT) - ASSETT works to empower faculty to grow professionally in teaching, learning, and technology.
- Learning Technology Consultants - Part of the Academic Technology Applications Team dedicated to assisting instructors with using campus-supported teaching and learning technologies.
- Accessible Technology website - Hub for information about accessible technology across campus, including policy, news, information about the initiative, and helpful resources.
- Accessibility Resources list - Accessibility considerations for CU Boulder's most widely used technologies including Canvas, Google Apps, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Research Computing - Computational and data intensive computing support
- Center for Research Data & Digital Scholarship (CRDDS) - Research data management and digital scholarship support.