|How It Works||Learn how a Virtual Private Network works at CU Boulder.|
|Cisco VPN Client||The Cisco VPN client (AnyConnect) is the VPN service for CU Boulder users.|
|Custom VPN Service||A description of the Custom VPN service and instructions for requesting the service.|
|Advanced Users and Server Administrators||
Learn about "Limited" Cisco VPN Service.
System Administrators: find IP ranges for Cisco VPN.
About Your Connection
With this standard connection through Network Connect:
- Your network traffic will be routed through CU Boulder.
- You should be able to:
- Access all libraries resources.
- Access file servers.
- SSH, remote desktop, CIFS, NFS
- If you are unable to gain access to an on-campus resource with this connection, talk to the administrator of that resource. Refer them to the help information on the support page.
- You can still access your home networked devices, like a networked printer.
- Access CU-SIS administrative tools from off-campus.
- Your external traffic is routed through CU Boulder, as well (like GMail and Facebook). Please review the following policies:
- Your IP address is located in CU Boulder's public IP space.
VPN usage policy
Department of Commerce regulations
- Use of VPN encryption software is subject to United States Department of Commerce regulations. Learn more about the regulations.