CU Boulder's Large File Transfer service is a web tool that sends large files securely to any email address, on or off campus. This on-demand and automated transfer service is a secure solution for anyone sending large files, but particularly for researchers who share large datasets. Using LFT avoids sending files from email systems, improving performance and reducing email storage. Additional features include:
- Secure, confidential file delivery to any email address
- Multi-Factor Authentication for secure login
- Automatic notification of file receipt and download
- Track all file deliveries
- Simple web interface
- Replaces unsecure FTP options
- Single file delivery to multiple recipients
The Large Fiile Transfer service is provided as a common-good to the Boulder campus, which means there is no direct cost to you or your department
Who can get it
Accounts are automatically provisioned for all Boulder Campus faculty, staff and student employees.
How to get it
The service is web-based, so no downloads or client configuration is required. Log in at https://filetransfer.colorado.edu with your IdentiKey email and password, following the directions in our Large File Transfer Log In tutorial.