Issue with Big Sur in Large Lecture Halls
- Issue: OIT has tested macOS “Big Sur” version 11.2 and has identified audio and video functionality issues with our Large Lecture Hall AV systems.
- At this time we recommend avoiding using devices with this operating system as there may be complications with sound, in-room display, and Zoom functionality.
macOS Big Sur screen sharing error
- Issue: Some users running Big Sur on Apple machines may report that participants only see a black screen when attempting to share their screen in a meeting.
- Workaround: OIT may be able to assist in troubleshooting this issue. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
macOS 10.14 Mojave microphone and video access
- Issue: Some users have issues with microphone and video access on macOS 10.14 Mojave.
- Workaround: Due to increased security and permissions with macOS 10.14 Mojave, you will be prompted to authorize the Zoom Desktop Client and Zoom Rooms to use your computer's microphone and camera. Click OK during the initial request and you will be able to use your microphone and camera in Zoom. If you do not allow Zoom access during this initial prompt or the camera and microphone become disabled, please see the Using Zoom client with macOS 10.14 Mojave on Zoom's website.