OIT can customize a VPN for you with regard to any or all of the following features:
- Access Method (Cisco AnyConnect)
- Note: Access to a custom VPN via a Cisco AnyConnect mobile application is not automatic, only by request. Contact the IT Service Center to request mobile access to your custom VPN.
- IP Address Space
- Split Tunneling
Approved Custom VPN Address
After requesting a custom VPN from the IT Service Center, you will be provided a VPN address in the format of vpn.colorado.edu with /thecustomaddress appended. This address can be inserted when connecting using the Cisco AnyConnect client.
There is no fee associated with a Custom VPN request.
How to get it
- Contact the IT Service Center and ask for a custom VPN. An IT Service Center agent will gather your basic information (name, department, and phone number) and send it to a consultant.
Then OIT will contact you
- A consultant from OIT will contact you to start fulfilling your request.
- In this process, the Office of Information Security (OIS) will also be reviewing your request.