Microsoft Stream (on Sharepoint) allows you to record, upload, discover, share, and manage videos across Microsoft 365 apps. This integration gives you the same experience no matter where you share or store videos. Additional features include:
- Upload, share and watch videos wherever you’d like in Microsoft 365 (e.g. SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive or Office)
- Share videos to specific groups within CU Boulder or external users
- Microsoft 365 based permissions to control who can upload or view videos
- Advanced Analytics: Keep track of the number of views, video retention and most popular part of your stream videos
- Share specific links to videos or create a destination to feature videos in Sharepoint, or Teams.
- Create transcripts and closed captions for videos.
*Please Note: The Microsoft Stream service should be used for videos that serve an educational or professional purpose. OIT recommends using a separate YouTube or Vimeo account for personal use.
Who can get it
All faculty, staff and students can upload to Stream and share videos.
Use the following resources to manage, use, and modify videos on Microsoft Stream
- Learn more about Stream
- Microsoft Stream screen recorder
- View, edit, and manage video transcripts and captions
- Feature videos in a Teams channel tab
CU Boulder is committed to providing help information and assistance with campus services for all users, including those with accessibility concerns. Microsoft Stream accessibility considerations, information for content creators, alternatives/workarounds, and more can be found on the Accessibility in Microsoft Stream page.