What We Do
The Software Catalog is a comprehensive listing of software available to CU Boulder. Software may be provided at no cost, or there may be a discounted cost available to campus members.
Campus licensing includes funding model development, contract management, and vendor management.
- Inventory and Tracking: SAM tracks licensing information for the products we directly manage.
- Software Life Cycle Support and Management: In partnership with OIT service providers, SAM helps manage the software lifecycle for core enterprise applications, integrating with enterprise business services, hardware life cycle, and campus support solutions.
- Projects and Consulting: Our team can help campus departments and projects plan for and manage software spending, track licenses, match business needs to software, find campus partners for cost-sharing, develop costing models, manage contracts, plan software distribution, provide tools to assist in operational management, and more!
- Software Audit Information: SAM leads audits from software vendors and will lead or advise on internal audits. Internal audits are a proactive activity that campus units or service providers can take to ensure they are compliant with software agreements, and to help right-size their software licenses (often saving money).
- Appropriate Use: SAM provides guidance to all campus customers on the appropriate use of software and helps resolve problems with software licensing when they occur. Additional services and solutions including risk management, proactive compliance, audit response, and guidelines.
Help and Support with Software
- Visit OIT's Support page for technical support and troubleshooting assistance.
- Support and training resources for each software title (if they exist) are outlined in its entry in the Software Catalog.
- Need help with an audit? Visit the Software Audit Information page.
- Have questions about our services? Contact the SAM team at email@example.com.