What is Personal Capture?
Personal Capture utilizes My Mediasite, an all-in-one content creation and delivery platform. My Mediasite makes it a snap to create great looking videos, screencasts and slideshows, wherever you are. From demos and video training to flipped classes, lectures and assignments, everything you need is in one simple-to-use tool. Capture high quality slideshows or screencasts that preserve every annotation and screen movement. My Mediasite offers multiple formats to engage with a viewer and audience. This includes quizzes, polls, Q&A as well as comments and annotations. Pair your content with webcam video or simply a voice over, and My Mediasite’s Mosaic recorder does the rest. It synchronizes everything you say and show without requiring video production skills.
- Instructors, Staff and Student Employees can create, edit and share content with one tool
- Create high quality content anywhere: home, office, or in a classroom
- Deliver content with same familiar look and feel students are used to with the Classroom Capture service
- Dynamic Picture-In-Picture Playback
- Searchable Content
- Basic Video Editing
- Embed Quizzes in Videos
- Viewing Analytics
- Easy sharing and distribution
- Upload external content - (MP4, AVI, etc....)
- Use the Mosaic recorder while offline
How to get it
Personal Capture is available to all Faculty, Instructors, Staff and Student Employees. To set up your account:
- My Mediasite (login with CU IdentiKey credentials)
- Install Mediasite Mosaic for Windows
- Install Mediasite Mosaic for macOS
OIT DDS Customers: Download using the Self Service Software application on your device.
Get started using Personal Capture
OIT will retain recorded course content for 5 years from date of recording.
OIT recommends users take personal responsibility for routine archiving of content. Once content has been removed it cannot be recovered.
A variety of data types are utilized by the University of Colorado in order to facilitate the academic experience and advance the success of the student body. In an effort to promote good digital citizenship, CU Boulder has created a resource for our student and faculty communities to better understand how personal data from our students is used within OIT’s services and tools.