UCB Wireless can be accessed in all buildings on campus, residence halls and even on the Buff Bus. CU Boulder's wireless network consists of permanently installed access points built with 802.11a/b/g network hardware. 802.11n is being installed as part of new construction projects. Family Housing wireless service is provided by Comcast and you can find more information about this service at the bottom of this page.
- UCB Wireless is available in approximately 90% of all indoor building space on campus and even on the Buff Bus.
- All current campus affiliates with an IdentiKey can access UCB Wireless.
- UCB Wireless provides easy access to the network from any Wi-Fi enabled personal device throughout the CU Boulder campus.
- UCB Wireless offers the flexibility of accessing campus network resources (library resources, shared files, etc.) from your own laptop when visiting campus.
Who can get it
UCB Wireless is available to all CU Boulder affiliates with an active IdentiKey.
How to get it
Follow these steps to connect to UCB Wireless, or scroll down and watch the Wireless Registration video. *Please note: To connect to this network you need to know your CU login name and IdentiKey password as well as use a device with an 802.11 internal or external Wi-Fi adapter.
- Select UCB Wireless from your available wireless networks. Once connected, open a web browser and, if not automatically redirected, go to https://safeconnect.colorado.edu:9443/authenticate.!^ to register with your CU login name and IdentiKey password.
- Register using your IdentiKey and password. Select the Acceptable Use policy checkbox and click Sign In.
- A confirmation webpage will open once network connection is successful, and you are free to use UCB Wireless.
Family Housing Internet Provided by Comcast
The family housing buildings of Athens Court, Athens North, Smiley Court, Marine Court and Newton court have wired and wireless networks provided through Comcast.
If you have issues with the wired or wireless service in family housing buildings, please contact Comcast directly at 855-307-4896. If after calling Comcast your issue remains unresolved, you should contact the Housing IT Help Desk at 303-492-1291.
How to get Support
Visit the UCB Wireless Help page for more information and troubleshooting help. Fill out the Network Connectivity Troubleshooting form to report an issue, or contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 or email@example.com for additional assistance.