Microsoft Copilot is a suite of AI-powered tools that can help faculty and staff improve their productivity and efficiency. Copilot offers data and user protection while providing free access to GPT-4 and DALL-E 3 through Copilot Chat and Copilot for Edge.
Use Copilot Enterprise to:
- Summarize documents and websites
- Create lesson plans, quizzes, or instructional material
- Conduct research for papers and assignments
- Generate images using DALL-E 3
- Assist in writing code in several programming languages
- Extract text from images
- User and university data in Copilot Chat is protected and will not leak outside the organization.
- Chat data is not saved, Microsoft has no eyes-on access to it, and it is not used to train the underlying models.
- Even with these protections, users should never enter Confidential or Highly Confidential data into any AI tool.
Who can get it
- Microsoft Copilot is available at no cost to all eligible CU Boulder faculty and staff.
- Microsoft Copilot is provided to employees (faculty and staff) who have specific HR appointments that correspond to what is collectively known as “knowledge workers”, or employees who need a computer to perform their work. If you are unable to access Copilot Enterprise, and believe you should have access, please fill ou tthe New Office 365 Apps License form on the OIT Messaging and Collaboration Request Portal.
- Faculty (excluding Faculty Emeritus) and staff who retire from the university will lose access to Microsoft Copilot Enterprise upon retirement.
- Copilot Enterprise is not currently available to students.
For additional information about what happens to your account after graduation or leaving the university, visit the Microsoft 365 Apps FAQ page.
How to get it
To access, visit the Copilot Enterprise website and sign in with your IdentiKeyUsername@colorado.edu and IdentiKey password.
Copilot may not be available on all browsers and is optimized for Microsoft’s Edge Browser