OIT's Systems Engineering group provides server system support for proper functionality of the tools and network services necessary for productive use of physical systems. This service encompasses development, test, and production servers, standalone departmental and research servers, and highly available mission critical services. It also includes full system administration of Linux or Windows operating systems. Supported Operating Systems include Windows and RedHat Enterprise Linux.
- Windows or Linux System Administration support on customer owned hardware.
- A valid vendor support contract
- Hosted in one of OIT's data centers
- Incident Support during business hours
- Operating system installation and upgrades
- 24/7 system monitoring
- Security monitoring
- Patch management
- Anti-Virus/Malware Scanning
- Software package management
- Hardware diagnostics
- Logging, Monitoring, and Trending Administration
- 24x7 Incident Support: Increases standard business hours support to 24x7 support. Learn more about physical server requirements.
- Database Administration: MongoDB, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL. Common services include: database configuration changes, patching, user and permission management, migration and restores, and performance tuning and optimization.
- Storage Administration: Systems Engineering provides consulting and management services for enterprise-class storage systems. We will consult with you to discover your storage needs and help match those needs to the best storage solution based on data size, usage patterns and budget.
- Consulting: Not sure what product best fits your needs? Need more help getting started? Contact Systems Engineering for consulting and we'll help solve your problem!