Digication ePortfolio is a web-based tool that gives faculty, staff, students, and alumni the ability to easily publish work online as professional and customizable presentations. ePortfolios are a great way for students, faculty and staff to gather artifacts of their work in one convenient place. An ePortfolio can contain written works, photos, videos, collaborative assignments, projects, or reflective pieces.
Students can use an ePortfolio to showcase work for a particular course, and the instructor could assess their ePortfolio. ePortfolios can also follow a student throughout their entire university experience. This is a great way for students to gather work samples for potential future employment.
Faculty members can use an ePortfolio to highlight their accomplishments and show the community their work, collaborate with others in their department, or use during instruction.
Please note that according to the campus' open access policy, faculty should use CU Scholar to publicly share published, peer-reviewed articles and conference proceedings, and faculty may link to these items in their ePortfolio.
- Create unlimited number of portfolios
- Independent access permission settings
- Rich text editing
- Media support, including image, video, audio
- File-upload of all file types including documents, spreadsheets, and presentations
- Customizable navigation and templates
- Collaborative ePortfolio editing
- Tagging and commenting
- Permanent ePortfolio archive tools
- Export ePortfolios as HTML
Digication is provided as a common-good service to the campus which means there is no direct cost to the individual or department.
Who can get it
Digication is available to all CU Boulder affiliates with an active IdentiKey.
How to Access Digication
- Log in to Digication (https://colorado.edu/digication)
- You will be directed to CU Boulder's Federated Identity login page
- From the Digication homepage (pictured right), you can navigate to My ePortfolios, My Courses, and more.
Training & Resources
Digication will be hosting trainings about Adding Digication ePortfolios to Your Course Curriculum. This workshop will contextualize and provide an orientation to the use of ePortfolios for teaching, learning, and assessment at the course and program levels. Participants will engage with key functionalities and tools within Digication as they design an ePortfolio assignment and build an ePortfolio template for their course.
- Watch the recording of the April 7 Adding Digication ePortfolios to Your Course Curriculum training
- Learn more about the training and how to attend an upcoming session on OIT's Academic Technology Trainings page.
Videos and Online Courses
- Digication offers a series of videos to help get you started with Digication on topics including creating a new ePortfolio, adding and arranging pages, adding and formatting text, adding files, adding media, and recording video and audio.
- LinkedIn Learning offers a Learning Digication ePortfolios course that explores how to set up, customize, and add content to a Digication ePortfolio, and use this popular tool to enhance student learning.
There are a variety of resource and tutorials available to support your use of Digication. Learn more on the Digication Help page.
Support Provided by Vendor
- Digication provides 24/7 end-user support and guarantees a response within 24 hours. Support requests made during normal business hours (7:00 AM – 6:00 PM MST Monday – Friday), are typically responded to within two hours.
- Comprehensive Support Documentation is available via the Digication Helpdesk website.
- Contact Digication Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CU Boulder is committed to providing help, information, and assistance with campus services for all users, including those with accessibility concerns. Digication accessibility considerations, information for content creators, alternatives/workarounds, and more can be found on the Digication Accessibility page.