Skip to main content

Wireless Internet


CU Boulder's Wireless Internet provides easy access to the network from any Wi-Fi enabled personal device throughout campus. CU Boulder has three Wi-Fi options for use on campus: UCB Wireless, UCB Guest and eduroam. Between the three networks, Wireless is available in approximately 90% of all indoor building space on campus and even on the Buff Bus.

Which Network should I use? 

NetworkWho may use itResource AccessAuthentication
eduroamFaculty, staff, students and visitors from institutions participating in eduroamAll protocols are open to campus resources and InternetOnce yearly
UCB WirelessAll CU Boulder affiliates with an active IdentiKeyMost protocols and Internet. File sharing restricted protocols (i.e. CIFS, NetBIOS) will be blocked in near futureOnce yearly
UCB Guest WirelessAny guest visiting the CU Boulder campusLimited protocols (web, email, ssh)Every 24 hours

Family Housing Internet Provided by Comcast

The family housing buildings of Athens Court, Athens North, Smiley Court, Marine Court and Newton court have wired and wireless networks provided through Comcast.

If you have issues with the wired or wireless service in family housing buildings, please contact Comcast directly at 855-307-4896. If after calling Comcast your issue remains unresolved, contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 and ask for a ticket to be routed to SAIT for assistance. 


Wireless Internet is a common-good service offered to faculty, staff and students which means there is no direct cost to the individual or department.

Who can get it

UCB Wireless is available to all CU Boulder affiliates with an active IdentiKey, UCB Guest is available to all guests to the CU Boulder campus, and eduroam is available to all CU Boulder affiliates with an active IdentiKey, as well as users from participating institutions.

How to get Support

Fill out the Network Connectivity Troubleshooting form to report an issue, or contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 (5-HELP from an on-campus phone) or for additional assistance.

Related Policies