Managing Distribution Lists
- URL: https://mygroups.colorado.edu
- Username: IdentiKey username
- Password: IdentiKey password
If you would like to request a list, please refer to the how to get it section below.
- An email address can be assigned to an AD group then used as a mailing list.
- Exchange distribution lists can be used for security permissions.
- Exchange distribution lists can be used to invite groups to calendar events.
- Group owner can subscribe or unsubscribe individual users.
- Access control for group account owners using Grouper.
- Areas for provisioning access management rights and responsibilities to group account owners.
|Feature||Google Groups||Distribution Lists|
|Active Directory Access Control||No||Yes|
|Owner/manager can subscribe or unsubscribe users||Yes||Yes|
|User can subscribe/unsubscribe||Optional||No|
|Daily digest capability||Yes||No|
|Restricted to users with IdentiKeys||No||Yes|
Who can get it
Faculty, staff and student employees with Exchange accounts.
How to get it
Submit the Exchange Distribution List Request form on OIT Messaging and Collaboration's Request Portal. This form can be submitted by faculty and staff only. Students and other affiliates should contact the IT Service Center for assistance. An OIT specialist will create the account and get in touch with you once it's created. Before submitting the form, you will need to know the following information:
- The name and IdentiKey username of a list owner (person to accept or decline invitations if necessary). The owner of the distribution list can add and remove members to the distrubtion list.
- A descriptive name for the list. The name is based on this format: [CampusDepartmentCode] - DL- [Display Name]. For example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
An OIT specialist will create the account and get in touch with you once it's created.
Exchange distributions lists are provided as common-good services to the campus which means there is no direct cost to list owners or members of lists.