Updates to Student Email
Students admitted to CU Boulder after January 2023 will use Microsoft Exchange for their colorado.edu email. Students admitted to CU Boulder before or during January 2023 will continue to use Gmail, but can request a migration to Microsoft Exchange by completing the New Exchange Mailbox Request on the Messaging and Collaboration Request Portal (must be on campus or using VPN to access the portal).
Microsoft 365 Login & Multi-Factor Authentication
Access your Microsoft 365 online applications with a combination of your IdentiKeyUsername@colorado.edu and IdentiKey password. Please note: only IdentiKeyUsername@colorado.edu will work for accessing Microsoft 365 applications, not the common preferred email address format of firstname.lastname@example.org (as shown below).
CU Boulder faculty, students, and staff are required to log in to Microsoft 365 using Multi-factor authentication. Multi-factor authentication (MFA) increases account security by requiring multiple forms of verification to prove your identity when signing into an application. Visit OIT's MFA page for more information, set up instructions, and frequently asked questions about MFA.
Outlook on the web provides easy and efficient access to email. Visit Microsoft's Get to Know Outlook on the web page to learn about basic operations, and refer to the following tutorials for more information about Outlook features.
- Outlook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Outlook on the web Change your Account Photo
- Outlook on the web View Folders
- Outlook on the web Change Display Settings
- Outlook on the web Creating and Adding your Email Signature
- Outlook on the web Creating an Out of Office Auto-reply message
- Outlook on the web Turn Off Conversation View
- Outlook on the web Sign Into Two Different Office 365 Accounts on the Same Computer at the Same Time
- Outlook on the web Sharing an Email Folder or Mailbox
- Outlook on the web Add a Shared Email Folder or Mailbox
- Outlook on the web Creating Inbox Rules
- Outlook on the web Check Mailbox Usage and Quota
- Outlook on the web View Message Headers
- Outlook on the web Recovering Deleted Items
Calendars in the Outlook on the web have many useful features that integrate with other Microsoft 365 products. Refer to the following list of tutorials for more information.
- Overview of Calendars in Outlook on the web
- Outlook on the web Creating a Calendar Event
- Outlook on the web Opening a Shared or Resource Calendar
- Outlook on the web Assign Full Details for a Shared Calendar
- Outlook on the web Sharing your Calendar
- Outlook on the web Change Sharing Permissions of your Calendar
OIT has put together some suggestions for Best Practices while using Outlook. These are not required actions, but tips for getting the most out of Exchange Online. Visit the Exchange Online Calendaring Best Practices page for more.