With the conclusion of Fall semester approaching, here are some of OIT's tips for successfully wrapping up the term.
- Use the Web Grading Sync Tool: Did you know instructors can sync students’ final grades from Canvas directly into the Registrar’s web grading system? Once web grading opens on December 12, let our Web Grading Sync step-by-step tutorial walk you through the process. You can also override grades directly in Canvas prior to syncing them.
- Curious about how to make grading easier with Canvas? OIT is offering a number of Canvas training sessions to assist instructors with end-of-the-semester grading, getting a head start on Spring course design, or learning how to use the Canvas Studio video platform. Sign up for an upcoming training today!
- Zoom Cloud Recordings retention policy expanded! Cloud recordings remain online for 365 days / 1 year from the date of recording. Please remember to review your recordings and download any recordings you wish to keep. Once content has been removed it can not be recovered.
- Wrap up Fall with these tips: Finishing up a term isn’t just about grading. These Canvas end-of-term best practices will help with backing up your course, creating the next term’s course(s), releasing final grades, and more.
- Extend course access: Your students may need extra time to download course materials or fulfill an incomplete. See our tutorial on adjusting course end dates to extend access for all students, or email the IT Service Center to request an extension for individual students.
- Create future terms’ courses: Create your Canvas courses now to give yourself time to prepare. Need assistance? View an on-demand Canvas training session, attend a training webinar, or schedule some time with an Academic Technology Consultant.
If you have questions about Canvas, check out the Canvas help pages or contact the IT Service Center at email@example.com or 303-735-4357.