If you hadn't noticed yet, both instructors and students can now access Zoom directly from Canvas’s navigation bar through a new Canvas and Zoom integration. Instructors can efficiently perform most Zoom functions from inside Canvas, including scheduling meetings, viewing upcoming meetings, accessing cloud recordings and other Zoom functions. Students can easily find Zoom meeting links created by their instructors within Canvas by clicking the Zoom button in the navigation bar or from links in their Canvas calendar.
Here are more features of the Canvas and Zoom integration:
- Instructors and TA’s can schedule and start Zoom meetings directly from their Canvas courses.
- Instructors can access an automatically produced attendance report for any Zoom meeting scheduled within the course.
- Cloud recordings may also be published directly to the course in order to bypass the need to manually copy and paste recording links.
- Students have access to any published cloud recordings.
- Zoom is available by default for all courses in Canvas.
Please note that it is still important to follow Zoom security protocols such as restricting attendees to only those with CU Boulder IdentiKeys, and using waiting rooms and passcodes. Please visit OIT’s secure meeting guide for more information on securing your online meetings.
If you have questions about this integration or about Canvas and Zoom in general, please contact the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-735-4357.