iClicker Cloud is a polling software that enables students to participate in classes and answer questions provided by instructors. iClicker Cloud can also be used to poll remote students as well as students in the classroom. It integrates with Canvas, enabling students to link their iClicker remotes directly to their Canvas courses. The software is free for instructors to use, and works with student iClickers as well as the iClicker Student App.
iClicker Student App
The iClicker Student App (formerly iClicker Reef) is a learning software that students can use in conjunction with an iClicker remote to answer questions in class and review those questions outside of class. It can also be used in remote learning situations, as an app on a phone or tablet, or via a web browser. iClicker’s remote polling feature is free for students to use for University of Colorado Boulder classes. All students using clickers should create an iClicker Student account, register their iClicker to their account, sign up for their classes via iClicker Student.
- Can be used for remote learning, hybrid, and in-person classes.
- Base stations are available in classrooms and large lecture halls with more than 40 seats or can be checked out from the Norlin Library circulation desk for use in rooms where not already deployed.
- Students register iClicker remotes with their IdentiKeys through the iClicker Student app, enabling instructors to gather accurate data on responses.
- Improves student learning when used according to best practices.
- Most departmental rooms have bases and frequencies, and OIT will deploy a base to any room with greater than 40 seats upon request.
iClicker infrastructure is provided as a common-good to the campus which means there is no direct cost to you or your department. Student iClicker remotes are available for purchase at the CU Bookstore and subscriptions to the iClicker Student App are currently free for CU classes.
How to get it
Faculty and Staff
- Download iClicker Cloud software from OIT's website.
- If needed, Check out a base station from Norlin Library or an instructor clicker from OIT.
- Visit the classroom frequency assignments page to set your base frequency.
- Visit the iClickers Instructor Resources page for additional assistance.
- Create an iClicker Student account
- Purchase CUClicker remotes at the CU Bookstore .
- A limited number of student CUClicker remotes will be available for semester checkout on the first day of classes from the Norlin Commons Service Desk on a first-come, first served basis.
- Visit the iClickers Student Resources page for additional assistance.