Zoom has continued to be a critical component in online and hybrid teaching and learning. A number of new features and resources have been developed to support instructors and students as we begin the 2022 spring semester.
New Zoom Learning Center
A free and accessible platform for anyone interested in learning how to Zoom like a pro, the Zoom Learning Center is designed to help you get the most out of Zoom.
Zoom features for teaching and learning
- This feature gives the host and co-hosts view of all participants’ videos without other participants seeing each other.
- Avoid attendees being distracted by each other.
- The host or co-host can share screen from the main session directly into all open breakout rooms.
- This allows the presenter to share visual information to all breakout rooms at once, guiding them on next steps or tasks.
- You can now select multiple people to control the movement of slides in a presentation
- With enhanced slide control, presenters no longer have to ask another attendee to move the presentation forward, streamlining the presentation experience.
- Stop incoming video of all participants. Only stops video from your view during a meeting.
- Preserve bandwidth, limits distractions while presenting and helps avoid mental fatigue from viewing multiple video streams.
Polls are an amazing way to engage your students, measure understanding of a subject, and even do quick assessments like pop quizzes.
- More types of questions: ranked responses, matching, short and long text responses, fill-in-the-blank, and more. You can even add images to your questions!
- Quiz format: Turn your polls into quizzes.
- Allow Alternative hosts to edit polls.
- Viewers can jump to highlighted sections of the recording to review key takeaways.
- Cloud recordings now shared with Alternative hosts.
- Assign or delegate a user or multiple users in your account to schedule meetings on your behalf.
- University of Colorado Boulder Zoom users now have access to purchase special add-on licenses for their Zoom accounts.
Ready to take advantage of the latest features? Learn how to update Zoom to ensure you have the latest version installed.
- Zoom Learning Center
- Video Tutorials
- Zoom Support Center
- Training Webinars
- OIT Zoom Service Page
- OIT Academic Technology Training Page
Have questions or access issues? Contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.