Esri ArcGIS software is provided as a common good to CU Boulder, and no direct fees are involved.
Who can get it
- CU Boulder students and faculty/staff may download and activate ArcGIS Pro or ArcGIS Desktop.
Note: ArcGIS Pro includes ArcMap and ArcGIS Desktop includes both ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro.
- CU Boulder students and faculty/staff may request ArcGIS Online accounts and access to Esri E-Learning
- CU Boulder faculty/staff may request other Esri software or services as needed
How to access
- For ArcGIS Desktop and the required license .zip file, download from the cuservices server, which requires IdentiKey and password
- For ArcGIS Online (AGOL), ArcGIS Pro Desktop App (ArcPro), and Esri E-Learning, new users follow the log in instructions using for SSO Account to log in. Existing users may continue to use your AcrGIS login credentials to sign-in.
- For ArcGIS Server, License Managers, or other Esri products, faculty and staff may specify requests by email to email@example.com.
- For students, faculty, and university-owned computers
- Available for Windows only
- Includes desktop GIS applications ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, and extensions including 3D Analyst and Spatial Analyst
Is there any functional difference between accounts created with the two login types?
No, both login types create ArcGIS user accounts with the same default user types and license assignments.
I have an ArcGIS login. Will I be forced to create a CU Boulder – SSO Account login?
At this time, there is no plan to stop supporting ArcGIS logins
I have an ArcGIS login and have saved content in my account. Can I create a CU Boulder – SSO Account login and save additional content?
The two login types create completely separate user accounts. You should only save content in one user account. If you have saved content under an ArcGIS Login account, we recommend using that account only.
I have an ArcGIS Login and have saved content in my account. Can I migrate to a CU Boulder – SSO Account login instead?
Maybe. ArcGIS admins may approve migrating content from an ArcGIS login account to an SSO login account and then deleting the ArcGIS login account.