Shared Departmental accounts are usually used for generic email addresses, departments, clubs, and managing websites. The Identity Manager tool calls these accounts "secondary accounts."
Request a Secondary Account
- An account must be requested by a faculty or a staff member currently affiliated with CU Boulder. If the account is being requested for a student group, that group must be affiliated with the Center for Student Involvement and requests must come from them. Otherwise, requests for secondary accounts can be made by calling the IT Service Center. Usernames can be specified, if the id is not currently in use. Requested user names can be up 20 characters in length, but numbers, spaces, and punctuation marks cannot be used.
- Secondary accounts generally expire after a year. Accounts can then be renewed or deleted.
Email and Calendar Service
What is it:
- An @colorado.edu email address and a collaborative calendar service.
How to access it:
- You'll use the secondary IdentiKey account to log in.
- Depending on what the secondary account has access to you may use one of the following. Ask OIT.
CU Boulder's Identity Manager allows you to set how your outgoing email address is displayed, create alternate addresses, and adjust where your email is delivered to.
What is it:
- An IdentiKey consists of a CU Login Name and a unique password, and is used to authenticate to various computing services at CU Boulder.
- Secondary IdentiKey accounts do not have the same access privileges that primary user IdentiKeys do, like MyCUInfo.
- In most instances, secondary IdentiKey accounts are only used to access departmental/club email accounts and website space.
Who owns and activates it:
- A secondary account is owned by a CU Boulder faculty, staff, student, or affiliate.
- To activate a secondary account, the primary account holder must log into Identity Manager with their own credentials.
- Once the secondary account is activated, you can log in to Identity Manager directly with your secondary account CU Login Name and IdentiKey password to perform account adjustments.