MATLAB, Simulink, and 56 other products and toolboxes are provided at no cost for students, faculty, staff, and departmental computers.
How to get it
Once an account is created, it can be used for downloading, updating, and licensing MATLAB on the user's Mac and Windows and Linux workstations. And, through the same account, the user can use MATLAB Mobile (a free app) on an iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
The campus site license expires in December each year, so users renew their licenses annually around that time. Choose "Licensing" from MATLAB's Help menu and choose Update Current License. If not updated by the end of December, a user must reactivate the license by running the computer's Activate MATLAB utility, or take the opportunity to upgrade to the latest version by downloading it from the personal MathWorks account.
Documentation and training
Your MATLAB access includes online, on-demand MATLAB courses. These interactive, self-paced classes provide progress reporting, certification of completion and cover topics such as:
- MATLAB Fundamentals (20 hrs, 17 lessons)
- Data Processing and Visualization (7 hrs, 10 lessons)
- Programming Techniques (14 hrs, 9 lessons)
- Financial Applications (14 lessons)
- Machine Learning (14 hrs, 7 lessons)
- Deep Learning (14 hrs, 12 lessons)
- Solving Nonlinear Equations (1.5 hrs, 5 lessons)
- Solving Ordinary Differential Equations (2 hrs, 4 lessons)
- Introduction to Linear Algebra (1.5 hrs, 3 lessons)
- Introduction to Statistical Methods (2 hrs, 4 lessons)