The Voice/Data Service Request form
For all voice/data requests, including for new services, changing services, long distance calling, liaison information updates and more, visit the Voice/Data Service Request Form.
Who can get it
Telephone service (using Cisco VoIP phones) is available for faculty and staff in university buildings and offices.
Students are encouraged to bring a cell phone to campus. Basic land line phone service is not included in room and board for the residence halls and Bear Creek apartments. However, a telephone land line connection can be activated in your room for a non-refundable fee of $500 for the academic year. Contact Occupancy Management (303-492-6673) for requests or questions regarding land line connection activation.
How to get it
Faculty and staff
- Contact your telecommunications liaison to order telephones, service and accessories.
- Faculty and staff can pick out the Phones and Accessories they want and then contact their Liaison. Please keep in mind that long-distance authorization codes are not available to faculty and staff for personal use. In these instances, a third-party calling card will need to be obtained.
- OIT offers the Jack/Port lookup tool in order for you to find which jacks in your office are available or in use. That information can be imported into a service request in order to activate or change jack status.
- Go to the Voice/Data Service Request Form.
- Login in with your information and your IdentiKey.
- Follow the on-screen menus to add, modify, or remove services.
- If you need assistance, call 5-3333.
The following rates are for wired voice & data networking, up to a maximum of six (6) locations in a single project:
- New voice/data service location including new IT cable pathway is not to exceed $360 per jack.
- Adding a new jack to an existing service location with available capacity is not to exceed $200 per jack.
- Removal/demo of a voice/data service location (including the outlet, cabling, and faceplate) varies between $80 and $140 per location depending on whether IT cable pathway is also being removed.
Note: These rates do not reflect potential charges related to unforeseen work due to asbestos abatement or EH&S charges.
Review our Telephone Service FAQ for more information about cost, installation and more.
Training & Consulting
For more help using Cisco VoIP phones, use OIT's Cisco VoIP page.
For other assistance with phones, contact the IT Service Center.