Telephone Service

Last Updated: 02/15/2018

Who can get it

Telephone service (using Cisco VoIP phones) is available for faculty and staff in university buildings and offices.

Students are encouraged to bring a cell phone to campus. Basic land line phone service is not included in room and board for the residence halls and Bear Creek apartments. However, a telephone land line connection can be activated in your room for a non-refundable fee of $500 for the academic year. Contact Occupancy Management (303-492-6673) for requests or questions regarding land line connection activation.


Review our Networking and Voice Service Rates information.

How to get it

Faculty and staff

  • Contact your telecommunications liaison to order telephones, service and accessories.
  • Faculty and staff can pick out the Phones and Accessories they want and then contact their Liaison. Please keep in mind that long-distance authorization codes are not available to faculty and staff for personal use. In these instances, a third-party calling card will need to be obtained.

Telecommunication Liaisons

  1. Go to the Voice/Data Order Form .
  2. Login in with your information and your IdentiKey.
  3. Follow the on-screen menus to add, modify, or remove services.
  4. If you need assistance, call 5-3333.

Training & Consulting

For more help using Cisco VoIP phones, visit the IP Phone 8800 Series tutorial.

For other assistance with phones, contact the IT Service Center.

Service Level Commitment (SLC)

Service Level Commitment: 1
Learn more about Service Level Commitments.



Learn more about the networking program direction.