Click on your current status to open the Status dropdown menu. Your options include:
- Available shows when you’re active in Teams and don’t have anything in your calendar (e.g. no meetings scheduled). Teams will automatically set your status from Available to Away when you lock your computer or when it enters idle or sleep mode. On mobile, this will happen when the Teams app is in the background.
- Busy is when you want to focus on something, and you do want notifications to pop up. If you’re in a meeting or call, Teams will automatically change your status to In a meeting or In a call (Busy) when not set to Do not disturb.
- Do not disturb is when you want to focus or present your screen and don’t want notifications to pop up.
- Be right back is when you want to say you’re temporarily away. It’s never set automatically.
- Appear away is when you need to work without responding right away.
- Appear offline is when you want to indicate that you're not signed in to Teams, so will not be responding until you're back online. You'll still receive notifications if anyone messages you.
You can also click Set status message to write a message to appear along with your status.