Hangouts enable conversations with photos, emoji, group video calls for free with up to 10 people at a time. You can connect across computers, Android and Apple devices. Google Hangouts supports keyboard shortcuts and a sign language interpreter app.
Features and options in Google Hangouts:
- In a video call, deaf or hearing-impaired participants can request that other people in the video call who are sign language interpreters speak for them.
- Supports keyboard shortcuts in video calls and chat conversations.
- Switching between speakers in Hangouts is automatic using voice activation, where whomever is talking the most (or the loudest). Please note that this is NOT speech recognition.
- For hearing impaired users Hangouts supports a “Take the Floor” option when audio is muted.
Information for Content Consumers
- Sign language interpreter app help
- Keyboard shortcuts in Hangout video calls
- Keyboard shortcuts in chat conversations
How to get Help
OIT has partnered with Disability Services to provide assistance for accessibility issues related to OIT supported services. If you need assistance, please contact the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 303-735-4357.
We want to hear from you about this service. If you’re having problems using this service or you have more information about the accessibility of this service that we should share with others on this webpage, please let us know by contacting the IT Service Center at email@example.com or at 303-735-4357.
You can also give Google feedback regarding accessibility of their applications and services using Google's accessibility feedback form.