These tips will help to make the most of Canvas and get you off to a smooth start during the summer terms.
- Create your courses in Canvas. Why wait? Most courses will be available for you within Canvas immediately.
- Publish your course. Students can’t see your course until you publish it.
- Review the latest updates made to Canvas.
- Attend a Canvas training. We have several introductory Canvas classes, grading and quiz trainings, and workshops on maximizing student engagement and collaboration. In addition to the live scheduled sessions, many of the trainings are available as on-demand videos that you can watch when you need them.
- Verify TA Enrollment. TAs are generally added to your Canvas course automatically. You can also add TAs using their email address, IdentiKey login name, or Student ID. Ensure that your TAs are enrolled in the correct sections. TAs can only view student data, such as grades, dropbox assignments, etc., for the sections they are enrolled in.
- Access Zoom directly from Canvas. Instructors and students can now efficiently perform most Zoom functions from inside Canvas, including scheduling meetings, viewing upcoming meetings, accessing cloud recordings and other Zoom functions.
- Review the Canvas Accessibility page, and take advantage of campus services like SensusAccess, to make your content accessible.
- Visit the Start of Term Canvas FAQ for answers to the most common questions.
- Take advantage of our Canvas support resources.
- Check out the Canvas Quick Reference Guide from OIT’s Learning Technology Consultants.
Need assistance? Please contact the IT Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-735-4357.