Changes to Email List Manager
Starting Thursday, September 29, requests for new email lists will be fulfilled by Google Workspace Groups and Sympa lists will no longer be used to fulfill new list requests. This change will not affect the immediate use and management of Sympa lists, however, this is the first step in eventually retiring the Sympa Email List Manager service and fully migrate lists to Google Groups. Learn more about the change from our news story.
Email List Manager allows for users to easily manage lists in two ways:
- Ability to create lists to a wide variety of topics or discussion groups
- Owner managed (owner affiliated with CU Boulder)
- Many configuration options available for lists
- List can be managed via email commands or the Email List Manager web interface
- Up to 1000 subscribers to a list
- Subscribers can manage their subscription settings
|Feature||Email List Manager||Google Groups||Distribution Lists|
|Active Directory Access Control||No||No||Yes|
|Owner/manager can subscribe or unsubscribe users||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|User can subscribe/unsubscribe||Yes||Optional||No|
|Daily digest capability||Optional||Yes||No|
|Subscribing to list restricted to users with IdentiKeys||No||Optional||Yes|
Who can get it
All CU Boulder affiliates may manage a list, however new list requests are discontinued. For new lists, please use Google Workspace Groups.
How to get it
- New email lists are fulfilled by Google Workspace Groups.
- To subscribe to a list, send a command to email@example.com or through the Email List Manager website.
Please note: Access to the Email List Manager website requires using CU Boulder's VPN.
Email List Manager is provided at no cost to the CU Boulder campus.
Use the following resources to learn more about using Email List Manager: