Microsoft Windows is a free upgrade, but is subject to several conditions.
Who can get it
- University-owned computers
- Student-owned computers
Not Eligible for:
- Faculty & staff personally-owned computers (see Documentation & Support for other ways to purchase software)
Conditions for downloading
The Microsoft Campus Agreement includes upgrades to Windows Pro or Windows Enterprise when a full Qualifying Operating System license is purchased with the computer.
Qualifying Operating Systems
- Windows 7
- Windows 8/8.1
- Windows 10/11 Enterprise, Pro, Education, Home
Software can be used for:
- Academic (teaching/learning)
- Academic research
- Administrative (university business)
Software cannot be used for:
- Commercial (for profit) purposes
- Non-academic research
How to get it
Visit the OIT's OnTheHub Software Ordering page. Sign in and select Microsoft Windows 10 or Windows 11 from the product list.
Documentation & Support
If you need assistance downloading or accessing software, please contact the IT Service Center at email@example.com or at 303-735-4357.