Starting at 12 p.m. Friday, October 6 through 8 a.m. Monday October 9, University Information Services (UIS) will move physical equipment to a new, modern facility on the Anschutz Medical Campus. If needed, a contingency date has been planned for November 10 - 13.
This move, which involves moving and setting up more than 11 tons of equipment, will be a cold cutover, meaning all applications dependent on the UIS data center will be unavailable during the implementation window. Broadly, the systems that will be affected are similar to other UIS service maintenance upgrades, like the Enterprise Applications upgrade that is planned for Sunday, September 17.
Impact to CU Boulder
While CU Boulder’s OIT is not facilitating this move, there are a number of systems and services on the CU Boulder campus that will be affected. Please note that this may not be an exhaustive list of every system impacted, but encapsulates OIT’s supported services that we have determined will be affected. If you utilize other services that depend on UIS servers, visit the UIS announcement of this move or jump down to the full list of affected services.
- Google Workspace
- Microsoft 365
- Network (Wi-Fi and Wired connections, VPN)
- Teaching and Learning Applications (iClickers, PlayPosit, Qualtrics, Turnitin, etc.)
- Learning Spaces Technology (Classroom Capture, Technology Equipped Classrooms, Student Printing, etc.)
Services that will be available, but may be affected by the outage
- Access and use of Computing Labs
- Canvas (Overall will be unaffected. Please note that during the outage you should log in directly at canvas.colorado.edu, and changes to course rosters will not be available.)
- Docusign (log in directly at docusign.colorado.edu)
- Enterprise Database (changes/updates to data not available during outage)
- Federated Identity Service (existing log ins will not be affected, but any changes will not populate during outage)
- IdentiKey Manager (service available, changes/updates may not populate until after the outage)
- Slate (available, but changes may be limited during the outage)
- University Libraries
Services unavailable during the outage
- Buff Portal
- Campus Solutions
- eRA by InfoEd
Full list of affected UIS services
- Campus Solutions
- Campus Solutions Mobile Application
- Central Information Warehouse (CIW)
- CU Ascend
- CU Careers (internal access not available, external will be available)
- CU Marketplace
- CU People Master Data Management
- Degree Audit and Transfer Credit (DATC)
- EMS Room Scheduling
- Enterprise Portal
- eRA (interface with the HCM system only)
- eRA InfoEd application (excluding the interface with HCM system)
- International Tax Navigator
- Integration Gateway
- LeepFrog Interfaces
- LinkedIn Learning
- Minuet by Inteum
- My Leave
- Open Data and Information Network (ODIN)
- OnBase (direct access and Unity Client)
- Oracle Identity Management
- Peoplesoft Elasticsearch (PES)
- Perceptive Content
- Ping Federate for Single-Sign-On (UIS SSO system)
- Salesforce (specifically SSO instances: eComm, PSC, IOS—including Pardot)
- Secure File Transfer Protocol
- Sunapsis—the International Student Scholar System
- Tableau Servers
- TeamDynamix (CU System instances)
- Terminal Servers
- VP/CUI Online IDF
- Web Performance Monitoring
Plan ahead and stay informed
- Subscribe to OIT News and the OIT Weekly so you receive reminders and other important updates about technology at CU Boulder.
- Follow OIT on Twitter and Facebook and look for the all clear message on Monday, October 9.
- Subscribe to the UIS Maintenance Matters blog to be informed about future maintenance.
- Forward this information to colleagues in your department and inform students about the outage.
- Add this event to your calendar and/or department calendars.