- One Column
- Two Column
This tutorial is operating system independent.
When first logging into the Cisco Unity Connection voicemail system, CU Boulder voicemail users will be prompted to set a personal greeting and customized personal identification number (PIN). Follow the instructions below in order to set your voicemail greeting and PIN.
- If you have multiple extensions on your phone, when using the process below, be sure you are placing the call from the extension you would like to set up.
- The new voicemail system will lock automatically after 3 failed login attempts. It will automatically unlock after 30 minutes.
- If you have previously set your PIN, but forgot it or need to reset your PIN, please contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 (5-HELP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call the voicemail system.
- On-campus users dial: 5-6245 (5-MAIL)
- Off-campus users dial: 303-735-6245
*Note: If your browser is only displaying Step 1, please refresh the page.
When prompted to enter your PIN, enter 123456 (the default PIN), followed by #.
- Cisco phones do not require you to enter your extension.
- If you forget or need to reset your PIN, please contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 (5-HELP) or email@example.com.
A self-enrollment procedure will begin and you will be prompted to:
- Record your name
- Record your greeting
- Set up a new PIN (Personal Identification Number)
- Your PIN needs to be a random combination of six digits and cannot be consecutive numbers in predictable sequence.
WAIT until you hear “you have finished enrollment”, then hang up. Your personal greeting and customized PIN are now set up.
*Note: If you hang up before you have enrolled completely, the first-time enrollment conversation plays again the next time you call the voicemail system.