Accessing Your Voicemail
From your VoIP phone
- Press the message button or Dial 5-6245 (5-MAIL).
- You do not need to enter your extension,
- Enter your PIN when prompted.
From off campus:
- Dial 303-735-6245.
- Enter your campus 5-digit extension followed by #.
- Enter your mailbox PIN when prompted.
If you forget or need to reset your PIN, please contact the IT Service Center at 303-735-4357 or email@example.com.
Your Voicemail Mailbox . . .
- Guides you through a series of choices via Voice Prompts (oral menus)
- Refer to the Setting Your Greeting and Pin tutorial if you have yet to access your voicemail.
- Is protected by a confidential (and changeable) password
- Holds up to 10 minutes of greeting and messages (maximum length of any single greeting or message is 2 minutes)
- Will signal when a message has arrived by illuminating the message lamp on your phone
- Holds messages in two parts: header (who the message is to or from and when it was sent) and body (the text of the message)
Answering Machine Simulation
Callers are greeted and invited to leave a message or to press 0 to be transferred to another phone in your office. Other choices of mode are:
- Bulletin Board (callers are greeted but not invited to leave a message) and
- Automated Attendant (callers are invited to be redirected to another extension from a menu of choices).
Create and Edit
You can create, address, and schedule delivery of messages to other Boulder campus Voicemail subscribers.
Single Inbox / Speechview
In addition to dialing into the CU Boulder voicemail system to retrieve messages, messages can be delivered to your Exchange email inbox in a speech-to-text transcription as well as a .wav audio file attachment. To learn more and request this service, visit the Single Inbox/Speechview page.
- Calling voicemail and checking messages
- Detailed voicemail instructions and shortcut keys
- Manage personal greetings
- Manage message notifications
- Sending messages
- If you have forgotten your Voicemail password, contact your Telecommunications Liaison.
Who can get it
Faculty, staff, and student staff telephone service subscribers.
How to get it
Faculty and staff
- Contact your telecommunications liaison to order telephones, service and accessories.
- Faculty and staff can pick out the Phones and Accessories they want and then contact their Liaison. Please keep in mind that long-distance authorization codes are not available to faculty and staff for personal use. In these instances, a third-party calling card will need to be obtained.