The purpose of this document is to establish criteria for access to and use of Course Management Systems hosted at the University of Colorado at Boulder (CU Boulder). The Boulder Campus Course Management System provides content delivery and course management tools to CU Boulder educators (faculty, staff, librarians, and teaching assistants).
B. Scope of Service
The service expectation will apply to all Course Management Systems maintained by OIT; all courses hosted on one of these systems; all educators (faculty, staff, librarians, and teaching assistants) who use the system to deliver content and manage a course and all students who participate in a course through the system.
C. Service Expectation
Course Management Systems at CU Boulder will be managed and used in such away as to maximize the benefit of the system for members of the Boulder Campus Community, facilitate the manner in which educators teach and students learn, and protect the content produced by the educators and the privacy of students’ personal and academic information.
- All educators and students who intend to use a Boulder Campus Course Management System must be so affiliated with or sponsored by someone who is affiliated with CU Boulder as to be eligible to acquire an IdentiKey.
- Educators are responsible for adherence to all applicable federal/state laws and University policies such as but not limited to those addressing copyright, web accessibility, FERPA, HIPPA and use of CU Boulder's Computing and Network Resources.
- Students are responsible for adherence to all applicable federal/state laws and University policies such as but not limited to those addressing copyright, web accessibility, University Code of Conduct, Student Honor Code Policy and use of CU Boulder's Computing and Network Resources.
- Educators are responsible for maintaining their own instructional content. This includes but is not limited to archiving course content for future use.
- Intellectual Property that is Educational Materials
- Guidelines for the Release of Student Information Under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- of 1974 (FERPA)
- Web Development Guidelines
- Use of CU Boulder's Computing and Network Resources
- Student Classroom and Course-Related Behavior
- University Code of Conduct
- Student Honor Code Policy
- IT Service Center-Supported Hardware and Software
- Access and Authorization Policy