UCB Guest Wireless allows campus visitors quick and easy access to the Internet. Guests simply choose UCB Guest Wireless SSID from their wireless internet networks, open a web browser, agree to Terms and Conditions of Use, and are immediately able to browse the Internet.
UCB Guest Wireless provides general Internet use. Guests cannot access CU Boulder resources that requiring on-campus connections, such as Library resources and other protected services provided to CU Boulder affiliated students, faculty and staff members.
- Wireless access for CU Boulder visitors, conference attendees
- Connection doesn't require an IdentiKey or any other access information
- Connections last for 24 hours
Note: Whenever sensitive data is transmitted on wireless, a VPN should be used for secure data transmission.
UCB Guest Wireless is provided as a common-good to the campus which means there is no direct cost to anyone.
How to get it
- Select UCB Guest as your wireless network.
- Open a web browser and go to www.colorado.edu. You will be automatically redirected to a registration page.
- Review the Guest Wireless Policy.
- Click on the Agree button.
- You are now free to use UCB Guest Wireless for basic Internet activity for 24 hours.
Guest Wireless Ports
All common web and VPN traffic is available through UCB Guest Wireless; however, some applications will not be able to connect due to the needed port not being open on UCB Guest Wireless network. The following ports are available:
- 80/tcp, 443/tcp
- Secure SMTP – 587/tcp
- Secure IMAP – 993/tcp
- Secure POP – 995/tcp
- SSH – 22/tcp
- FTP – 20/tcp, 21/tcp
- (PPTP) – 1723/tcp
- (IKE) – 500/tcp & udp
- (IPSEC) – 4500/tcp & udp, 10000/tcp & udp
- (GRE) – protocol 47
- (ESP) - protocol 50
- (AH) - protocol 51