Microsoft Planner is an Office 365 task management feature which is integrated with Microsoft Teams. Planner allows members of a Microsoft Team to quickly create buckets and tasks to organize and assign work. The Planner tasks can be managed from within the Teams interface or by going to the Planner web interface. Tasks can be assigned to one or more team members with progress status, due dates and checklists.
- Create buckets to organize/categorize your team's tasks
- Create task, assign due dates, progress and assign team members to tasks
- Add checklists to tasks
- Attach files to tasks
- Add comments to tasks and assign labels
- Get notifications about task assigned to you and task progress
- Update Planner for iOS or Android devices
- Use Planner's visual dashboard to stay on top of task status for your team
Who can get it
All CU Boulder faculty, staff and students have access to Microsoft Planner.
How can I create a Plan?
Microsoft Planner plans can be created from a channel in a Microsoft Team of which you are a member. This short video describes how to create a plan in Teams. If you have access to a plan in a Team, download the Microsoft Planner Mobile App for Android or iOS.
- About Microsoft Planner
- Notifications in Planner
- Use Planner in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Planner mobile app
- LinkedIn Learning Planner tutorial video
CU Boulder is committed to providing help information and assistance with campus services for all users, including those with accessibility concerns. Current accessibility information for Microsoft Planner can be found on the following pages: