Microsoft Stream is a website portal that people in your organization can use to post and view videos such as communications, recordings of meetings, presentations, or training sessions. Features include:
- Share videos to specific groups within CU Boulder
- Microsoft 365 based permissions to control who can upload or view videos
- Multiple channel administrators
- Track the number of views and other statistics of your videos
- Integration with other Microsoft 365 apps including Teams, SharePoint, and OneNote
*Note: The Microsoft Stream service should be used for videos that serve an educational or professional purpose. OIT recommends using a separate YouTube or Vimeo account for personal use.
Who can get it
All CU Boulder users with an Microsoft 365 account can upload to Stream and share videos with other CU Boulder users. Please note, Microsoft Stream videos cannot currently be shared with users outside of CU Boulder. If you require a channel that is restricted to certain users (to view or post videos), then you should request a channel using the following process.
Requesting a channel in the Microsoft Stream portal
To request a Video channel in Microsoft Stream, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- The name and IdentiKey username of the Channel Administrator responsible for managing the Microsoft Stream channel
- The name and IdentiKey username of a backup Channel Administrator responsible for managing the Microsoft Stream channel
- A proposed display name and description for the channel
- Note: Channel names should follow the naming convention Department - Unit (e.g. OIT - Human Resources or Athletics - Baseball). If you are unsure what the name of your channel should be, OIT staff will assist in finding the appropriate name for your channel.
An OIT specialist will create the Microsoft Stream channel and get in touch with you once it's created.
Use the following resources to manage, use, and modify your Microsoft Stream Channel:
- Getting Started with Stream
- Creating and managing a group
- Creating a channel
- Uploading videos
- Managing permissions and privacy
CU Boulder is committed to providing help information and assistance with campus services for all users, including those with accessibility concerns. Microsoft Stream accessibility considerations, information for content creators, alternatives/workarounds, and more can be found on the Accessibility in Microsoft Stream page.