Email List Manager Website requires VPN
- Issue: The Email List Manager website has been put behind CU Boulder's firewall. For the time being, you will need to be on campus or connected to CU Boulder's network via VPN to access the service.
- Solution: Ensure that you have the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client downloaded to your device, and connect to the network via VPN. Reload the Email List Manager website. If you continue to have problems, contact the IT Service Center for assistance.
Message sent to an individual sends to an entire list
- Issue: When attempting to send a message to an individual user, you may accidentally send the message to all subscribers of an email list. This occurs due to current formatting of Email List Manager's From: field where email clients cache a user's name and associate the list address with the user (i.e. Ralphie Buffalo <email@example.com> or Ralphie Buffalo on behalf of <firstname.lastname@example.org>). When composing an email your client may use the list email address associated with the user, rather than their personal email address.
- Solution: A change was made on November 18 to prevent the format of the From: field associating the user with a list address; however, the email client cache needs to be cleared in order to remove the association. To clear the name cache in different clients use the following instructions:
Remove a cached address in Outlook (Mac and Windows)
- Start typing the name on the To address line. Select the address by using the up arrow or down arrow key.
- Click the X at the end of the address line or press the DELETE key.
- Close Outlook and wait a minute.
- Re-open Outlook. Select the address from the address book by clicking To when composing an email or type the address on the To line.
Delete all entries in the Outlook auto-complete cache (Windows only)
- Click the File tab
- Click Options
- Click Mail
- Under Send messages click empty auto-complete list
- Click OK
- Restart Outlook
Delete an email address from auto-complete in Mac OS X Mail
- Start typing the recipient's address or name in a new message.
- Select the desired address from the auto-complete list as if you'd compose an email to them.
- Click the small down arrow in the recipient.
- Select Remove from Previous Recipients List from the menu.