Using Kubi in Class
- Fully charge the iPad and Kubi between classes.
- Determine the best location for the Kubi and try to place the Kubi there each day.
- Set up the Kubi a few minutes before class to troubleshoot if needed.
- Position the setup so the iPad volume buttons are on top and the red “Kubi” logo is facing forward.
- Plan how you will share content with the Kubi student (e.g., email handouts, write larger on the chalkboard).
- Check in regularly to make sure the Kubi student can see, hear, and be heard.
- The instructor and in-class students should actively engage with the Kubi student as with any other student.
- Use students’ names, including the Kubi student’s, when asking targeted questions so it’s clear who is expected to respond.
- As the instructor scans the classroom, make sure to also look at the Kubi student.
- Inform the Kubi student before moving them.
- For group work, position the Kubi so the student can see the entire group together.
- Ask the Kubi student to mute if there is distracting background noise coming from their side.
Communicate regularly with the Kubi student and in-class students to see if they have ideas for improvement.