ATDT Consulting Services
Our experts in technologies used in teaching provide consultations and trainings on topics including teaching, learning, assessment, and design. We work with you to identify the problem or opportunity you have in teaching and learning, and we offer advice for how to address that problem or opportunity. Our advice usually involves selecting a teaching method and supporting it with technologies. For example, we might work with you to help you reimagine your pedagogical approaches by exploring areas including:
- Reviewing syllabi and learning outcomes
- Aligning instructional methods and learning outcomes to course objectives
- Providing formative assessments of your teaching with technologies
- Incorporating student feedback into your course
- Motivating your students
- Creating student-centered content
- Improving your efficiency in developing or administering learning resources
- Envisioning Online Training and Orientation Environments
Incorporating Universal Design for Learning Guidelines to Improve Learning
One of our areas of focus is Universal Design for Learning (UDL), which is a framework for curriculum design that fosters an inclusive learning environment. Minimizing barriers to learning reduces the need for individual accommodations and helps to ensure that all students have an equal opportunity to succeed. Providing multiple pathways to achieve course outcomes motivates and engages students with different learning styles, needs, and abilities.
The Universal Design for Learning service is jointly offered by ASSETT and the Academic Technology Design Team. Contact us for consultations and trainings on:
- Designing courses so all students have an equal opportunity to learn.
- Developing multiple pathways to achieve course outcomes to motivate and engage students with different learning styles, needs, and abilities.
- Universal Design for Learning principles and best practices for individuals, departments, or groups.
Our services are available at no cost to CU Boulder faculty, staff, and graduate students with instructional duties. Learn more on the ASSETT website.
- Pivot Toward New Possibilities: COVID drives Leeds instructor to innovative teaching practices
- Faculty Spotlight: Tracy Jennings
- Faculty Spotlight: Kevin Schaub and Elizabeth Stapp
- Faculty Spotlight: Sam Flaxman
- Faculty Spotlight: Edwige Simon
- Universal Design for Learning Fellowships of 2016 and 2017
Other Academic Technology Resources
Teaching and Learning Applications
Interested in using technology to assist your instruction? Teaching and Learning Applications include resources for using Canvas, Kaltura, Qualtrics, Turnitin and more in your classroom.
Learning Spaces Technology
Students, faculty, and staff have access to a variety of OIT computing labs, technology equipped facilities, and kiosks across campus. Visit Learning Spaces Technology to learn about available resources on campus.
Use the Campus Accessibility website to find resources to help with ADA compliance, Disability Services, accessible technology, CU Boulder facility information and more.